Originally posted in 2014, this is a message I felt bears repeating.
It's very human to cast blame for what we don't like in our lives. Often we blame others, and sometimes we blame fate. Although there seems to be a certain satisfaction in finding someone or something to blame, blaming doesn't solve the underlying problem. Often blaming makes the situation worse.
It's important to understand that blaming is not a Yoga practice. Rather, the way of Yoga is to take responsibility for our own lives, our own emotions, and our own happiness. Yoga philosophy says that our circumstances result from our karma, our actions.
This idea of karma is not a way of blaming fate for our sad condition. Rather, it is a way of empowering us. Here's how: If our past actions are what gave rise to the circumstances that we are now experiencing, then by our current actions we can change our future circumstances.
We are happy to share with you that we are now reopening Swami Rama Sadhaka Grama (SRSG) slowly after having been closed due to the situations caused by the Covid-19 pandemic. Right now, we are cautiously allowing sadhakas to visit the ashram. Below are the guidelines to be followed before you plan your travel and also during your stay at the ashram:
1. A negative COVID-19 test report (RT-PCR test), not older than 48 hours from the time of arrival in the ashram will be required for each visitor. Sadhakas must email their test reports prior to their visit.
2. Sadhakas are expected to stay inside the campus and will not be allowed to go for sightseeing or any other work outside the ashram during their entire stay.
3. Adherence to the daily ashram schedule is expected of all visiting sadhakas.
4. Our first preference during this time would be to welcome only those people at the ashram who are either initiates in the Himalayan Tradition or have attended a programme at SRSG before.
5. All the visiting sadhakas must download the "Aarogya Setu" app on their mobile phones. They must wear a face mask in public areas within the ashram and observe proper hand washing, social distancing etc. Every visitor will be thermal screened at the entry gate. Symptomatic individuals will not be permitted entry, irrespective of a Covid-19 test report.
6. Every individual must bring their yoga mat and meditation blanket for their own practice. If you do not have a yoga mat and meditation blanket, you may purchase one at the ashram and take it with you when you go back to your home.
These guidelines are not exhaustive and may be updated regularly, keeping in view any latest developments in the situation and as per the guidelines laid down by the Government of India and Uttarakhand from time to time.