A message from 2012 that I felt bears repeating.
We live in a culture that increasingly makes instant satisfaction of desires possible. Have a question? Turn on the computer and the answer is at hand. Want entertainment? Turn on the TV, the iPad, and the iPod. Hungry? Fast food places are on every corner.
Perhaps for the first time in human history, our moment to moment desires can be instantly gratified. Is this momentous circumstance making us happy?
We are happy to share with you that we are now reopening Swami Rama Sadhaka Grama (SRSG) slowly after having been closed due to the situations caused by the Covid-19 pandemic. Right now, we are cautiously allowing sadhakas to visit the ashram. Below are the guidelines to be followed before you plan your travel and also during your stay at the ashram:
1. A negative COVID-19 test report (RT-PCR test), not older than 48 hours from the time of arrival in the ashram will be required for each visitor. Sadhakas must email their test reports prior to their visit.
2. Sadhakas are expected to stay inside the campus and will not be allowed to go for sightseeing or any other work outside the ashram during their entire stay.
3. Adherence to the daily ashram schedule is expected of all visiting sadhakas.
4. Our first preference during this time would be to welcome only those people at the ashram who are either initiates in the Himalayan Tradition or have attended a programme at SRSG before.
5. All the visiting sadhakas must download the "Aarogya Setu" app on their mobile phones. They must wear a face mask in public areas within the ashram and observe proper hand washing, social distancing etc. Every visitor will be thermal screened at the entry gate. Symptomatic individuals will not be permitted entry, irrespective of a Covid-19 test report.
6. Every individual must bring their yoga mat and meditation blanket for their own practice. If you do not have a yoga mat and meditation blanket, you may purchase one at the ashram and take it with you when you go back to your home.
These guidelines are not exhaustive and may be updated regularly, keeping in view any latest developments in the situation and as per the guidelines laid down by the Government of India and Uttarakhand from time to time.